Sunday, February 7, 2010

Research Topic

While in the literary circles I noticed a trend in a few of the books that were presented, a lot of adolescent literature has an "epic" tale or journey. A journey of a young adult trying to do the unthinkable and save so much. This all began after I finished Riordan's The Lightning Thief. I noticed the similarities with the Harry Potter series but it really goes further (Chronicles of Narnia, Eragon, Ender's Game). This similarity seems to be more than just a trend; therefor, I've decided to research similarities in great journey's and the life of an adolescent. By doing this I believe it will show us why these journeys seem to do so well in the adolescent market, why the same themes continue, and why they are so popular over many ages excluding adolescents.

1 comment:

  1. Journey's are also often associated with coming of age narratives. I'm not sure if you want to include that side of it, but it might add one more component to your paper. I like the topic and look forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete